1. Due to current covid conditions, we will not have our Traditional North and South Georgia Regional Tournaments.
2. What we will have instead is a Virtual Regional Showcase that will include all of our North, South, and Virtual Teams on March 13.
- Teams participating in the Virtual Regional Showcase must submit their solutions no later than March 13.
- We will send you submission details in February.
- All teams will receive scores, but we will not be ranking teams or presenting awards for the Regional Showcase.
- Problem Captains will have a conversation with coaches either by phone or by Zoom to provide further feedback after the Regional Showcase.
- All teams who submit a complete solution and participate in Spontaneous will advance to State Finals.
- We are still planning on a Traditional State Finals and a Virtual State Finals.
- Traditional State Finals will be at Cherokee Bluff High School/Middle School on April 10.
- The submission deadline for Virtual State Finals is April 10.
- Judges training will be in March and will be virtual. Pat Rhodes will be sending details to judges.
- CCI is still hopeful that they will be able to host a Traditional World Finals, but details are not available at this time.
- CCI will host a Virtual World Finals with details pending.
- We will have pin and souvenir sales through our website.
- Watch for our Unboxing Event on Facebook.
3. Our Virtual In-Depth Coaches Workshop will be this Saturday, January 30. Problem Captains will send you a Zoom link to your training. The training will last 1 hour.
We’re selling souvenirs this year on the website! We’ve now made getting your Georgia Odyssey souvenirs even easier and you can do it before the tournament! With how crazy this year is and the social distancing measures, tournaments may look a little different. Our goal is to provide as much flexibility as possible in every way we can.
To all coaches,
Please come join us and experience a helpful training session of how to deal with a group of kids and guide them to a successful Odyssey season. It’s absolutely FREE and can be done in your pajamas from your couch!! We have lots of experienced folks ready to help guide you and your team on its journey through this experience that is Odyssey of the Mind.
We offer a training session that will go through the ins and outs of the program. The training provides in depth information into coaching, dealing with teams, understanding the basics of the program, a guide to layout the year, how a tournament day works, and other questions you might find yourself asking. We’ll be sure to have a Q&A session with the group so everyone can ask and share anything that comes up.
Workshop starts at 10am. In order to join us, you’ll need to register!
Last minute: EMAIL: Janie@georgiaodyssey.org for the link to join us via WEBEX
Georgia Odyssey is sad that we can’t be together for our traditional fall spontaneous workshops.
But…we welcome you to check out our new Spontaneous Virtual Workshop. One new problem a week, with expert judge feedback, and the option to purchase a new and improved “box of stuff” – a kit to make your spontaneous experience easier than it has ever been before.
Click on “Spontaneous Workshop” under Upcoming Events to learn more. Starting November 9, the creative thinking never stops in spontaneous! Register now!
All successful registrations will receive an email from PayPal confirming successful payment made and registration.
Coaches, parents, and competitors,
We are hard at work trying to put together the best opportunities for OMers to thrive in the current environment. We are releasing our schedule a little bit later this season, but rest assured we are working hard to make everything work on our end.
We would like to announce that Georgia Odyssey will be doing everything in our power to make sure everyone can have an Odyssey experience this year and we have some exciting announcements to make:
- Georgia will hosting both Traditional (in person) and Virtual tournaments this year. Details will be released as they become available
- We will be offering virtual spontaneous workshops this year for all teams. Details will be released over the next few weeks. (Volunteer feedback and materials needed will be included )
- All coaches’ trainings will be hosted virtually. This means you can join us in your pajamas to cover the essentials and be as prepared as possible!
- Judges trainings will be held virtually. We will need volunteer judges for both in person and virtual tournaments this season.
The Georgia Odyssey Volunteer Board