We’d like to thank every team that competed in our In person State Finals on Saturday April 10th. The entire tournament was a huge success and everyone was very respectful of the additional safety precautions. It took the cooperation of every last person in attendance to make the tournament a success!
Our Virtual tournament is now in the judging Stage and we’re just as excited for all of our virtual teams too!
We’re going virtual with all of our souvenir sales from now on!
Even more fun, we’re releasing the 2021 pin collection just in time for Valentines day! Be sure to like our facebook page and you can see us release all of the pins for sale LIVE on Sunday (Valentines day) at 3pm!
It doesn’t get much easier than being able to browse on your favorite device and find all the souvenirs you need. We even are shipping them directly to everyone (shipping costs are calculated at checkout – and if we ship cheaper, we refund the excess costs too)!
1. Due to current covid conditions, we will not have our Traditional North and South Georgia Regional Tournaments.
2. What we will have instead is a Virtual Regional Showcase that will include all of our North, South, and Virtual Teams on March 13.
- Teams participating in the Virtual Regional Showcase must submit their solutions no later than March 13.
- We will send you submission details in February.
- All teams will receive scores, but we will not be ranking teams or presenting awards for the Regional Showcase.
- Problem Captains will have a conversation with coaches either by phone or by Zoom to provide further feedback after the Regional Showcase.
- All teams who submit a complete solution and participate in Spontaneous will advance to State Finals.
- We are still planning on a Traditional State Finals and a Virtual State Finals.
- Traditional State Finals will be at Cherokee Bluff High School/Middle School on April 10.
- The submission deadline for Virtual State Finals is April 10.
- Judges training will be in March and will be virtual. Pat Rhodes will be sending details to judges.
- CCI is still hopeful that they will be able to host a Traditional World Finals, but details are not available at this time.
- CCI will host a Virtual World Finals with details pending.
- We will have pin and souvenir sales through our website.
- Watch for our Unboxing Event on Facebook.
3. Our Virtual In-Depth Coaches Workshop will be this Saturday, January 30. Problem Captains will send you a Zoom link to your training. The training will last 1 hour.
We’re selling souvenirs this year on the website! We’ve now made getting your Georgia Odyssey souvenirs even easier and you can do it before the tournament! With how crazy this year is and the social distancing measures, tournaments may look a little different. Our goal is to provide as much flexibility as possible in every way we can.
To all coaches,
Please come join us and experience a helpful training session of how to deal with a group of kids and guide them to a successful Odyssey season. It’s absolutely FREE and can be done in your pajamas from your couch!! We have lots of experienced folks ready to help guide you and your team on its journey through this experience that is Odyssey of the Mind.
We offer a training session that will go through the ins and outs of the program. The training provides in depth information into coaching, dealing with teams, understanding the basics of the program, a guide to layout the year, how a tournament day works, and other questions you might find yourself asking. We’ll be sure to have a Q&A session with the group so everyone can ask and share anything that comes up.
Workshop starts at 10am. In order to join us, you’ll need to register!
Last minute: EMAIL: Janie@georgiaodyssey.org for the link to join us via WEBEX