Georgia Odyssey of the Mind competitions each use approximately 100 judges to ensure a smooth, exciting, and fair tournament. Each Judge plays an important role in the success of the tournament and is essential to make each competition happen. Each team is required to provide one judge for a regional competition. If the teams advances to State Finals, the judge will need to represent the team their as well.
Judges, please remember that we are a volunteer organization that relies almost solely on volunteers including ourselves. Every team must supply a judge in order for us to provide a tournament and experience for the children that they will remember. Please make sure you clear your calendar for the two days needed(training and judging). The fee for not providing a judge is $150, but we would much rather have the person. Training is essential for all Judges since the problems change every year even as a non-scoring position. We require all Judges to attend training each year to receive the most up to date information and learn about multiple roles that may be needed from each and every Judge.
Note: Judges will not be able to leave the site they are assigned to during the day because they will be fulfilling their obligations to the competitors to provide the fairest tournament possible. This means judges will not be able to leave at any time to see a team’s performance in another problem during the judging day.
All Judges must:
- be 18 years or older and high school graduates.
- attend a training seminar to qualify to judge at a tournament. This training is mandatory, no exceptions will be made.
- Judge at atleast one regional tournament in order to qualify to Judge at the State Finals Tournament.
- NOT be associated with a team they will be judging.
Steps to Register as a Judge
- Click on Register to Judge button
- Click on the tournament you plan to judge at
- Complete the information. If you are representing a team, make sure you have the team's membership number, name, and Problem number.
- Confirm your email address at the bottom of the page before you click Submit. Registration is not complete until you click Submit. You will receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive an email confirmation, the registration was not successful or you did not enter the email address correctly.
* If you are judging at a tournament other than the one where the team is competing, please explain in the Comment box.*
*If you plan to judge at multiple Regional tournaments you must register for each.*